Homeowners Insurance Information
YOU'VE WORKED HARD FOR YOUR POSSESSIONS...
Montgomery Agency & Associates (MAA), would like to help You better
understand the Benefits of having Homeowners and Property Insurance.
What is Homeowners insurance?
Homeowners insurance provides financial protection against disasters. A standard policy insures the home itself and the things you keep in it.
Homeowners insurance is a package policy. This means that it covers both damage to your property and your liability or legal responsibility for any injuries and property damage you or members of your family cause to other people. This includes damage caused by household pets.
Damage caused by most disasters is covered but there are exceptions such as: floods, earthquakes and poor maintenance. You must buy two separate policies for flood and earthquake coverage. Maintenance-related problems are the homeowners' responsibility.
Why do you need homeowners insurance?
It is really all about protecting yourself financially if something unexpected happens to your home or possessions. That's important because chances are your home is likely one of your largest investments.
- If your home was destroyed by fire or damaged by a natural disaster, you'd need money to repair or replace it.
- If a guest in your home is injured, liability protection and medical coverage help pay expenses.
- If you are a victim of theft and vandalism, it can reimburse you for your loss or pay for repairs.
- If you are still paying for your home, your lender will require insurance.
We also specialize in products for:
- High Value Homes (HE-7)/CONDO / RENTERS
- Beach /Coastal Property
- Vacant Properties
- Inland Marine
- Personal Umbrella
- Rental Property (DP-1 & DP-3)